- About Us
VICE ADMIRAL ANUP SINGH, PVSM, AVSM, NM (Retd) (Former Commander-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command, India)
Commissioned on 01 Jul 1973, Vice Admiral Anup Singh served the Indian Navy till 2011. While commanding the Western Fleet in 2006, he had led Operation "Sukoon", the evacuation of Indian and other nationals from war-torn Lebanon. His last assignment in the Navy was that of the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, India's Eastern Naval Command, from where he superannuated in Oct 2011.
Currently occupied with the bilateral dialogue and seminar circuit, his areas of research include Maritime Security, the South and East China Sea Imbroglios, Energy Security (and security of energy at sea), and the Blue Economy.
He is visiting faculty at the National Defence College (NDC), New Delhi, the Defence Services Staff College (DSSC), Wellington, the Foreign Service Institute (FSI), and some other institutions in India. He holds the following assignments with various think tanks:-
- Member, Executive Council, Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), New Delhi
- Member, Armed Forces Historical Research Board, at the United Services Institution of India (USI), New Delhi
- Visiting Fellow, Vivekananda International Foundation (VIF), New Delhi
- Director (Strategic Studies) and Managing Editor, Society for Indian Ocean Studies (SIOS)
- Advisor (History), Indian Navy
- Member, Eminent Persons Group (EPG) on India-Indonesia Relation